We are looking for a BI Specialist who can provide technical support in the development and maintenance of production environments for non-SAP Finance applications. You will design, prototype, develop, test, and document existing and new analytics models using Microsoft Tools, and related components, making recommendations for related functions that result in a more cost-effective product delivery. You will also provide production support activities on finance applications built on the Microsoft SQL Server family of products.
- Provide production support activities on finance applications built on Microsoft SQL Server family of products.
- Provide functional and technical support to ensure weekly and monthly data loads from source systems to finance application are accurate and complete.
- Ensure the data in finance applications match with source systems and troubleshoot data variances.
- Work with initiative leads, product teams, technical leads, architects, subject matter experts, developers, technical support groups and test teams to deliver value to the business.
- Review and accept software and interface design and requirements.
- Refine and decompose requirements to the level of detail required to initiate development.
- Design, prototype, develop, test, and document existing and new analytics models using Microsoft Tools, and related components; make recommendations for related functions that result in a more cost-effective product delivery.
- Perform unit testing of related components and document test results.
- Complete code reviews and documentation of issues identified and action items.
- Correct testing defects and support all testing, including but not limited to: Development Integration Testing, System Testing, User Acceptance Testing, End-to-End Testing, and Performance Testing.
- Identify application bottlenecks and opportunities to optimize performance.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Finance, Information Technology or equivalent.
- Minimum 3 – 5 years of relevant experience.
- Strong knowledge and experience in applications in finance analytics using Microsoft BI tools.
- Minimum 3-5 years of current and hands-on experience with complex SQL and high-volume relational databases and SQL Query performance tuning.
- Experience working in SQL Server Relational Engine (SQL), SQL Server Analysis Services (SSAS), SQL Server Integration Services (SSIS), SQL Server Master Data Services (MDS) and Microsoft Excel.
- Experience in managing tasks, tracking progress on various workstreams, resource assignments, budget monitoring etc.
- Ability to build and maintain effective working relationships with all levels of management and staff.
- Experience working with both local and offshore teams.
- Experience working in Agile Methodology is preferred.
- Experience with Cloud technologies like AWS, Azure, etc.