LSEGTechnology Product Owners are key intermediaries between the company and itsclients. Product Owner is primarily focusing on delivering product featuresinspired by roadmap or client requirements. They also pay close attention toindustry trends, capture and disseminate industry specific knowledge. They areboth specialists in their chosen business domain and experts on our ownproducts. They should be proactive individuals and require minimal or nosupervision, interacts well with the team members and other supporting teams -with the primary goal of meeting project deliverables – at the expectedstandard.
- Clearly expressing product feature backlog items through discussions with product managers or external clients.
- Ordering the items in the product backlog to best achieve business objectives.
- Ensuring that the product backlog is visible, transparent, and clear to all, including clearly reflecting what the scrum team will work on next; i.e. Owns the delivery plan.
- Ensuring the development team understands items in the product backlog to the level needed.
- Business modeling of the functionality being built by extracting commonality and ensuring extensibility and scalability.
- Optimizing the value of the work the development team performs.
- Driving and functional solution input estimations in pre sales request for proposal (RFP) responses.
- Driving product walk through and demonstrations.
- Review of product roadmap (The roadmap is owned by the Product Managers).
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent is required.
- CFA, CISI or any other financial (capital) market related qualification would be an advantage.
- Excellent analytical skills
- Excellent interpersonal skills, particularly written and spoken English.
- Curiosity and the ability to acquire domain and technical knowledge rapidly.
- Strong relationship management and negotiation skills.