We are currently on the lookout for a DevOps Engineer / Senior DevOps Engineer to join our team. Your responsibilities will include managing AWS cloud-based production systems, to ensure the availability, performance, scalability and security of productions systems, coaching development teams in DevOps practices while working collaboratively in a cross functional team in an Agile delivery environment.
- Researching, evaluating and recommending DevOps tools in multiple technologies for multiple development teams.
- Deploying, automating, maintaining and managing AWS cloud-based production systems, to ensure the availability, performance, scalability and security of productions systems.
- Executing the build, release and configuration management of production systems that need to be supported 24* 7 up-time.
- Ensuring critical system security using the best in class cloud security solutions.
- Coaching development teams in DevOps practices and guiding the team to implement effective DevOps.
- Working collaboratively in a cross functional team in an Agile delivery environment.
- Being involved in projects throughout their full software life-cycle: from development, QA, and deployment, to post-production support.
- A Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or equivalent, and 1-3 years of experience in DevOps.
- A strong knowledge on AWS cloud computing and AWS DevOps tools.
- Strong knowledge in fundamental DevOps tools such as AWS DevOps tools, Jenkins, GoCD, GitHub, Nagios, Chef etc.
- Strong knowledge on containerization of software packages using solutions such as Dockerization, Kubernetes, AWS ECS, AWS Fargate, etc.
- Strong scripting (e.g. Python) and automation skills.
- Hands-on experience designing, developing, testing and troubleshooting DevOps tools in production systems.
- Adherence to engineering standards, best practices – be process oriented.
- Strong communication skills – reading & comprehending documents/specifications, producing clear and thorough documentation, ability to discuss and explain technical issues during meetings.
- An attractive base compensation and benefits package which is comfortably above market rates.
- The opportunity to work with high caliber individuals across the organization.
- Fast career growth, recognition and leadership opportunities within a short period of time.
- A flexible, diverse and entrepreneurial work environment, and a fun work culture that celebrates success regularly.
Phone: 0112 024 500
Sysco LABS Sri Lanka,
55A Srimath Anagarika Dharmapala Mawatha, Colombo 03