BSL Infrastructure BAU & Change, responsible for delivering the technical infrastructure components of BAU and Group Project Needs.
Technical Infrastructure Support & Delivery, responsible for supporting the LSEG Group user base in the delivery of BSL Messaging, Mobilility and Collaboration related infrastructure components through BAU Support and Change Delivery (When required). Based in Sri Lanka to include on-call and weekend overtime where required working on a 24×5 Shift based system.
Role Description & Responsibilities
- Support & regular upgrade of advanced functions of all LSEG Messaging Systems comprising:
- Mimecast Email Hygiene & Protection
- Clearswift Secure Email Gateways
- Microsoft Exchange (Hybrid & On-Prem Exchange 2013)
- Moblility Products – Xenmobile, Intune & Mobileiron
- Enterprise Vault Archiving & Compliance products
- O365 components –
- Exchange online
- O365 Portal – administration and reporting
- Skype For Business (Online & On-prem)
- AAD connect
- Exchange Online Protection (EOP)
- Azure Information Protection (AIP)
- Third line support of Desktop applications interfacing with the Messaging systems – e.g. Outlook Client, Teams Client etc
- Will be assigned responsibility for advanced technical issues in the environment for problem resolution – where required escalation to the Engineering teams for further assistance;
- Diagnose and repair system problems working closely with vendor support for all servers, software and other hardware directly or with the other team members;
- Define, monitor, optimize and troubleshoot system performance of all systems including internal, external networks, hardware, servers and all connected equipment belonging to the company;
- Ensure all Group Messaging systems are patched and maintained within the agreed 4 week cycle;
- Ensure all Group SLA’s are met across the user base – through the use of the Group ticketing systems, Telephone, Email, Instant Messaging etc for communication. Ensure prompt response to all user requests as they come into the team – e.g. Remedy, Email, Telephone, In person etc;
- Be able to produce Support Knowledge Base articles/Documentation for use within the direct team, peers and vendor’s;
- Able to work with Audit/Compliance/Legal/Security team’s for investigations and preventative work going forward;
- Weekend work where requested along with Weekend On-call duties (part of a rota system) to support the group’s needs. The Ops team will be the first point of contact for on-call resolution at weekends with the ability to contact the London Engineering team where required;
- Attendance of BSLGroup Weekly IT Change Boards where requested (LSEG & LCH);
- Completion of morning checks by a set time each day along with any troubleshooting and follow up actions required;
- Correct utilisation of the shift systems where appropriate (depending on location) – live issues should be passed through the 24 x 5 shift system to be able to be worked on continuously;
- Correct triage and understanding of issues as they are reported – can it be dealt with locally or does this affect the wider user base so engineering support is required? Ability to escalate appropriately to peers;
- Routine checking of the Remedy queues – ensuring no tickets are stale and that engineers where ever based are being chased for updates and resolution: Work Orders, Incidents, CRQ’s & PBI etc.
- Attention to detail, seeks to help and co-operate with customers in order to develop productive and professional relationships with Customers (Internal and External).
Problem solving and Decision Making
- Resolve unusual or highly complex problems, with the involvement of others as required. Able to identify solutions and explore alternatives outside familiar approaches.
- Develop logical, realistic plans to meet objectives. Tenacious and delivery focused in approach. Continually seeks to make the area in which they work more efficient and effective.
- Liaise where required with IT & Business in order to assist with the dissemination of information to clients (Internal & External) as appropriate
Effective Communication skills
- Excellent written and oral skills that are clear and concise. Keeps your manager informed of work progression at sensible intervals. Able to engage and manage vendors and third parties as appropriate and within a timely focused manner.
Seeks opportunities for self development
- Ensures their skills and knowledge are up to date. Welcomes opportunities to learn and to cross-train others.