We are currently on the lookout for a Senior BI Engineer (Informatica) to join our team. You will provide support for current data flows to Finance applications, and design, prototype, develop, test, and document existing and new ETLs and related components, as well as make recommendations for related functions that result in a more cost-effective product delivery. You will ideally have experience in design, development and performance tuning using Informatica PowerCenter (including 2 years of v 9.x or higher).
- Provide support for current data flows into Finance applications such as SAP, BPC, and SMI (homegrown Microsoft BI application) and others as necessary.
- Work with leads, product teams, technical leads, architects, subject matter experts, developers, technical support groups and test teams to deliver value to the business.
- Review and accept software, interface design, and requirements.
- Refine and decompose requirements to the level of detail required to initiate development.
- Deliver ETL and related components as specified in the design, functional and non-functional requirements, within established budget, time and quality standards.
- Design, prototype, develop, test, and document existing and new ETLs, and related components; make recommendations for related functions that result in a more cost-effective product delivery.
- Perform unit testing of ETLs and related components and document test results.
- Complete code reviews for ETLs and related components, and documentation for issues identified and action items.
- Correct testing defects and support all testing, including but not limited to: Development Integration Testing, System Testing, User Acceptance Testing, End-to-End Testing, and Performance Testing.
- Perform troubleshooting on ETLs and related components.
- Identify application bottlenecks and opportunities to optimize performance.
- Proactively provide resolution to an extensive range of complicated ETL-related problems as issues surface.
- Informatica PowerCenter base system configuration and support including installation, upgrades, performance tuning, etc.
- Perform code version control activities.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or equivalent.
- Minimum 4 years of current and hands-on experience with the following:
- Informatica PowerCenter (including 2 years of v 9.x or higher) design, development and performance tuning.
- Complex SQL and high-volume relational databases.
- SQL Query performance tuning.
- UNIX shell scripting experience.
- Enterprise job scheduler (Control-M, Autosys, Redwood, etc.).
- Informatica PowerCenter system maintenance, installation and upgrade experience.
- Code / version management tools.
- SQL and Relational databases.
- Experience working with data flows between SAP BPC, SAP BPC on HANA, Microsoft SQL Servers, AWS cloud, Azure cloud etc.
- Informatica S3/Redshift connector/integration experience.
- Ability to manage multiple priorities and meet critical deadlines.
- Demonstrated partnership with business clients and value proposition of projects/portfolio.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Ability to communicate effectively with team members, stakeholders, and Sr. management on both business and IT sides.
- Experience working in Agile Methodology is preferred.