Wiley islooking for Tech Leads to join our exiting and rapidly expanding team in SriLanka. As a Technical Lead, you will be responsible for the creation,development and maintenance of Wiley’s Research, Education and CorporateLearning platforms. You will work closely with the engineering and businessleadership, engineering teams, project managers and other business stakeholdersto ensure projects are delivered to expectations and solicit feedback onissues. You will be responsible for managing and mentoring all the team whilebeing accountable for deliveries.
- Be the technology lead for the team, take the ownership of the high-quality deliverables and be accountable.
- Be responsible for the logical and physical development of applications based on agreed user requirements and architecture.
- Manage the team, be accountable of team’s deliveries, work on performance appraisals and provide guidance and mentoring the team.
- Work with non-technical business colleagues to understand the functionality, composition and user requirements.
- Able to make use of this knowledge to constantly build the skills of other team members and to help drive business strategy.
- Responsible for implementing the defined quality procedures as well as promoting their use within the team.
- Minimum of a Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or an equivalent qualification.
- Must have a minimum of 6 years experience developing application using Java, Spring boot, React JS and SQL/NoSQL databases.
- Minimum of 1-year experience leading a team in similar capacity.
- Proven history with software and system architecture, microservices architecture and AWS cloud technologies.
- Strong background designing, architecting and developing high-end/customer-facing online platforms.
- Working knowledge of caching technologies, front-end technologies and web architecture.
- Understanding of technology methodologies including Agile (SCRUM), continuous integration/ continuous development and automation.
- Familiarity with JIRA and writing user stories.