Due to expansion and growth, we seek to recruit trainee mechanics. We will register them under NAITA and provide them on-the-job training to help them learn and grow to develop a career. After one year initial training period, the trainees will be able to independently attend to service, mechanical repairs and maintenance of engines of Diesel Generators as well as marine and auxiliary engines of boats and trawlers. Based on the trainees’ performance, they could be absorbed to employment as skilled mechanics.
* Students of NAITA recognized technical training colleges / institutes who have enrolled in weekend courses for mechanics or successfully completed a full time or part time Certificate/Diploma course in motor mechanism, auto engineering or engine repairing, servicing and trouble shooting of engines.
* Successfully completed a part time/full time Diploma/Certificate course in engine repairing, servicing and troubleshooting of engines.
* Possesses knowledge and skills in engine repairing and/or servicing and diagnosing of Diesel Generators and/or some experience in repairing Diesel Generators and wish to obtain NAITA qualifications.
* On-the-job training on how to carry out inspections, maintenance and mechanical repairs of engines.
* Requisition of spare parts / consumables as necessary
* On-the-job training at the Engineering Service Workshop at Malabe and visiting client locations and attending to maintenance/repair activities
* Keep all tools and equipment including work area clean and tidy after use
* Complete all documentation including inspection sheets, job sheets etc. and submitting for billing purposes.
* Record all times of jobs and attendance records to facilitate payment of O/T and other allowances.
If you think you have what it takes to be successful in this challenging role, please apply now.
Receive emails for the latest jobs matching your search criteria